Preparing the Base
Completed Hokuyo Racecar
1. Remove Slash 4x4 from box and begin removing plastic covers.
Unopened Slash 4x4
Unboxed Slash 4x4
Removed plastic body cover
2. Remove and replace the front bumper.
Original Slash 4x4 bumper
Replaced foam bumper
3. Remove front and back cover support pieces.
Loosen cover support pieces in front and back.
Removed front cover support piece. Make sure you repeat for back support piece.
4. Remove ESC and wire box from Traxxas base.
Removed ESC (left) and wire box (right).
5. Remove original springs and replace with higher compression strength springs.
The taller springs (2.5"/2.75") are used in the back while the shorter springs (2") are used in the front.
Portions of the front bumper may need to be removed to get full access to the springs.
Replaced front springs.
Front bumper restored.
Replaced back springs. The suspension may look front heavy until more components are added to the car.
6. Remove plastic antenna.
Antenna to be removed.
7. Insert battery pack and lock the cover over the top.
Battery pack inserted into chassis.
Battery lock restored to locked position.